- News, Events & Community
- National Park Locations
- Training & Tools
- Family & Youth Programs
- School & Group Field Science
- About Us
Summer Field Research
Yosemite Summer Field Research Course
Teenagers with a passion for exploration, science, and adventure create their own ecological research project while backpacking in the spectacular Yosemite wilderness.
The Yosemite Summer Field Research Course is for high school students with a passion for exploration, science, and adventure.
"Without a doubt, my few weeks with NatureBridge were some of the best I've ever had, and I could not imagine any way the program could be better."
On the Field Research Course you will:
- Go on a backpacking adventure in Yosemite National Park
- Learn wilderness survival and backpacking skills
- Learn about the ecology and natural history of the Sierra Nevada
- Create your own research project and collect data in the field
- Present your research findings
- Meet like-minded people from all over the country
- Strengthen your college application with hands-on research experience
What will you discover this summer?
Trouble viewing? View and download in full quality
Stories from the Yosemite Summer Field Research Course
On the Summer Field Research Course, not only did I get to spend two weeks doing something that I loved, but I also got to spend it in one of the most beautiful places on Earth, in an area that most people don’t get to see. Also, this program is essentially like a science class geared to your specific interests, only better. You aren’t stuck in a classroom, and you don’t even really realize that you're learning.
Posted by Helena, December 03, 2012
Laughter. Adventure. Conversations by alpine lakes. And most of all, enthusiasm for both science and backcountry living. This is how I remember my time leading the self-proclaimed “Knee-deepers” on the Summer Field Research Course in Yosemite.
Posted by Lauren Schottenfeld-Glikin, December 04, 2012